Get your 1st MatchScratch bet for free
18+, UK only. Place your 1st MatchScratch bet between Friday 25th & Monday 28th September and receive your £2 stake back as cash. Void wagers do not qualify for this promotion. Cash back awarded by Tuesday 29th September 2020. Full T&Cs apply.
- Important things you should know:
- 18+, UK residents only
- Place your 1st cash MatchScratch cash bet between Friday 25th & Monday 28th September and receive your £2 stake back as cash whether this bet wins or loses
- Void wagers do not qualify for this promotion
- Applies to 1st qualifying MatchScratch bet only
- Available once per person, household address, email address, debit card number and IP address
- Maximum award is £2 cash per customer
- Cashback awarded by midday Tuesday 29th September 2020
- This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THIS PROMOTION
- These terms are a binding legal agreement between you and The Football Pools Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 10573569 with its registered office at Walton House, Charnock Road, Liverpool, L67 1AA ("The Pools", "we", "us", "our").
- Capitalized terms have the meanings given in clause 16 below.
- This offer applies from Friday 25th September to Monday 28th September 2020 inclusive ("Offer Period").
- Subject to clause 5, when you make your MatchScratch bet with us then provided it is:
- made with cash deposited into your Cash Balance;
- your first MatchScratch bet; and
- placed during the Offer Period,
- you will receive your stake back in cash whether or not your MatchScratch bet wins or loses.
- Void MatchScratch bets shall not qualify for this Offer.
- If you qualify, cash will be returned to your account by midday Tuesday 29th September 2020.
- This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion
- Offers are made to enhance your (and your fellow customers') enjoyment of the games we provide. It follows that we expect all our customers to participate in our Offers in a spirit of fairness. To that end we list below certain types of play we consider unfair in the context of the Offer and which may at our sole discretion be treated as a breach of the Offer and these terms and conditions:
- using more than one account to obtain more than the number of bonuses or free bets permitted per customer;
- using more than one account per household or per IP address;
- sharing promotional offers, bonus codes or bonuses received by you with others who were not the intended recipient and/or accessing promotional offers, bonus codes or bonuses received by you from others when you were not the intended recipient;
- colluding with other people to take advantage of the existence of terms of promotional offers or bonuses,
together these constitute "Promotional Play Restrictions".
- If you breach (or we reasonable consider you breach) any Promotional Play Restrictions, we may at our sole discretion:
- stop your participation in the Offer and any other promotional offer you may be participating in; and
- reclaim any winnings we have paid you, and either settle bets at the correct odds, void any free bets or any bet funded by a bonus, or remove any subsequent winnings relating to a bonus.
- If we elect to exercise our rights under clause 9 we will explain to you in writing the reason for our decision.
- We shall also have the right at our sole discretion to charge an administration fee not exceeding the value of the Offer to cover our reasonable administrative costs in exercising our rights in respect of clause 9.
- We may amend or cancel this Offer or amend these terms:
- without notice if such amendment or cancellation is a result of any legal or regulatory change; or
- for any other legitimate reason, by giving you notice in advance of the amendment or cancellation. We shall exercise our rights under this clause 12.2 where the circumstances are sufficiently serious to merit such amendment or cancellation. Without limiting the circumstances in which we may choose to exercise these rights, examples include situations in which there is a malfunction of the software or hardware used to deliver our website or any manifest error in the Offer and/or the terms of the Offer.
- In addition to these terms and conditions, the use of our Website and your participation in any services we offer (including this Offer) is governed by our general terms and conditions. These can be found at www.thepools.com/terms-and-conditions/ ("General Terms"). Please ensure that you have read and understood the General Terms and these terms before opting-in to this Offer.
- Where there is any discrepancy between these terms and the General Terms, these terms shall take precedence.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you agree shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Terms defined in our General Terms have the same meaning in these terms unless otherwise defined.
How does the Offer operate?
Restrictions on play during the Offer
MatchScratch Rules Effective 22 July 2020
Terms defined in our Terms and Conditions and Betting Rules shall have the same meaning in these Rules unless the context requires otherwise or such term is defined below:
The bet revealed by the MatchScratch Card
Our betting rules as amended from time to time
The condition set out on the MatchScratch Card as the bonus condition
An amount equal to the Stake should the Bonus Condition be met
The condition for the Main Prize set out on the MatchScratch Card
Any event for which we offer a MatchScratch Card
The card given to a player in respect of a Match selected by such player for a Bet
The total sum paid by a player in respect of a Bet as indicated on the MatchScratch Card
Terms and Conditions
Our general terms and conditions as amended from time to time
The amount revealed by the MatchScratch Card as being paid should the Conditions be met.
- These Rules, and all MatchScratch Cards, are subject to our Terms & Conditions.
- Where the payment of a Main Prize and/or Bonus Prize is contingent upon real world sporting events, the determination of such real world sporting events will be made in accordance with our Betting Rules.
- We reserve the right to amend these Rules following notification on our website.
- We reserve the right and/or to alter the odds offered at any time and to notify such alteration(s) by such means as we consider appropriate.
- We reserve the absolute right at any time to withdraw this product.
- Despite every effort to ensure complete accuracy, we are not responsible for any typing, human or obvious error which leads to any errors or omissions by us, including (without limitation) the incorrect announcement of prizes or results, or the mistaken acceptance of a Bet which contravenes these Rules. If any Bet is affected by such an error it shall be accepted on the basis of the correct information, as corrected by us or, if this is not possible, the Stake will be refunded.
B. HOW TO PLAY
- A player selects a Match for which they wish to purchase a MatchSratch Card and pays the Stake.
- The player is then presented with a MatchScratch Card which they can scratch to reveal the Main Prize, the Condition and the Bonus Condition.
- The determination of the Main Prize, Condition and Bonus Condition will be made by a random number generator and the odds for the outcome determined in respect of each of them will be displayed on a pop-up viewable before any Stake is paid.
- For the avoidance of doubt a player may win both the Main Prize AND the Bonus Prize should the Condition and Bonus Condition both be fulfilled.
- Once the Condition and Bonus Condition have been revealed their determination will be governed in accordance with our Betting Rules using data supplied by our third party data suppliers.
- In the event of a failure of the random number generator a player's Stake will be returned.
- Any Main Prize and/or Bonus Prize will be paid in accordance with the rules for settling bets set out in our Betting Rules and Terms and Conditions.